Back in the saddle
Hard to beat getting rid of a brain tumor, but finally getting rid of that nasty brown tooth comes pretty close! He was hoping the Tooth Fairy would give him more for that nasty thing...but I think he was lucky to get anything at all! Things are pretty much back to normal for Dean. I have been going to school with him for the past three weeks. Very Billy Madisonish. I'm gradually cutting back my time in class each week and hope to completely stop next week. I sub in for his teacher's assignments like yard duty and I've found that my true calling in life is crossing guard. Who would have guessed? Something about the cool stop sign. Every time I lift it I want to break out into Stop! in the name of love! I can also run three copiers at the same time while laminating sight words and making bulletin boards...not something I like teachers to see me doing! I prefer to remain one of those seemingly incapable parents, but now my cover is blown! Ten years of blending in down the drain!
6 comments:
Great news! Thanks for keeping us posted. I wondered what you were doing about school. Lucky teachers! Love, Donna
Did Dusty send you that text about the "Hot crossing gaurd". He saw you with the sign one morning. LOL!
I'm so glad he's doing so great! I've been wondering how he was. Forget going for a Masters you just need to be a teachers aide part of the day and crossing guard the other part of the day!
That's awesome. Do you get to wear the cool bright orange vest?
Yay! I am so glad you posted. He looks so dang happy.
J
That college education is finally paying off. Not everyone can hold that sign with authority. We are all happy that Dean is on the road to being Dean again.Love you all
Post a Comment