The next one is more time consuming but worth the effort. It is one of my favorite salads from my sister-in-law, Janet. And it's a salad. Everyone knows salads are good for you. I make the dressing and almonds in the morning and throw the salad together just before serving.Dressing:
1/2 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
2T lemon juice
1t salt
1/2t dry mustard
2 cloves garlic, pressed thru garlic press
Almonds:
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
Mix butter and brown sugar in small pan til bubbly. Add almonds. Cook one minute. Spread on cookie sheet and broil for 1-3 minutes til browned (watch carefully). Cool. Break apart. DO NOT start snacking on this...it will gone before you realize what you've done!
Salad:Spinach
Red leaf lettuce
Romaine lettuce
1 red onion, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1 pint strawberries, sliced
Place all lettuce, spinach, and onions in large bowl. Add strawberries and almonds last. Pour dressing on just before serving. Great as a side, or sometimes I add sliced, cooked chicken and serve it as a main dish at chick events.
Enjoy!
6 comments:
Both my ALL-TIME-FAVES! MMMMMM!
O ya. . .I'm sooo glad I'm your neighbor again. I can't get enough of all the yummy goodies!!
Yeah, because that's just what I need is something else to snarff down while making a permanent indentation on my couch while watching "The Biggest Loser."
So of course that means I'm gonna try it.
It sounds like you have an awesome niece to share such sweet goodness with you!
I know they are delicious. If only you were here to cook them!
Post a Comment