Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day! Every year the kids look forward to sticking the flags in the lawn of the community services building. The flags are free to anyone who wants to stop by and grab one and my kids usually come home with 5-6 each. One year when Burke was 2 I stayed home with him because he was still asleep. So I decided to use the hour to, what else?, paint my toes. When I was finished I went to check on Burke and he was no where to be found. I called neighbors and went searching, but I couldn't find him. Of course Jimbo drives up and I have to admit I lost our 2-year-old because I was painting my toes. And Burke jumps out of the car! When he woke up he went out the front door and started walking to go help with the flags. Luckily it was Jimbo and not a psycho killer that picked him up! I also want to pay tribute to the people in our family who have served and are serving in the military. I love these pics. This is my dad (middle) and two of my nephews.
And this is Jim's dad and both of Jim's grandfathers.


And here is this year's Memorial Day design. No children were lost during the painting of these toes.

3 comments:

j,d and little b said...

Those pics are awesome! I don't think I have ever really seen the Grandpa's before! Thanks!

Joy said...

Why not a flag on the toes. Too advanced for you?

just us said...

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!