Thursday, June 5, 2008

Promoted!

Nelson is off to high school...holy crap, am I that old?! It was fun to see all the crazy outfits...prom dresses, pimp suits, etc. Middle-school was way too short (for me). Now I look at the lady in the grocery store with the crying baby, the snotty toddler, and the two kids scaling the Mountain Dew display and think TO MYSELF, "they grow up so fast!"





Jamie is finally "outta that kiddie school" and on her way to Middle School. But she will never truly escape her 6th grade teacher, Mr. Zehnder, because he lives two doors down from us! The week before promotion the principal sent a letter home reminding parents to keep it simple by not having limos come to the school. Sorry Jamie, we had to cancel the reservation. How bout when you're...like 25?!




And here's the one I am most freaked out about. Dean will be in school all day next year. I feel like my stay-at-home-mom work visa has expired. And I also lose my lunch buddy. Who will eat the other half of my meals now? I'm gonna be the frumpy housewife alone in the food court at Costco eating BOTH slices of pizza. I used to envy her!




Congratulations to the promoted! Even Burke who doesn't get any cool recognition for moving from 3rd to 4th grade!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Ok, this one brought me to tears. This a great picture of our high school boys!

just us said...

I feel for ya Kathryn!!! I'm not far behind you. I'm just glad that I'll have you to turn to when I'm depressed bc my girls are all grown up. Love ya! And cngrats to all the Loveridge kiddos. Good Luck! :o)