Wednesday, November 19, 2008

T-Day Traditions

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I'm looking forward to our Thanksgiving Day traditions...well, one in particular:
  • Jimbo and the manly men play tackle football. They act all studly and spit a lot. Then they go home and ice everything while they watch football for the rest of the day.
  • I do my run for the hungry...which is just me running more than usual so I can eat more than usual later.
  • We usually go to my sister's for dinner and I always make the homemade rolls.
  • But when we don't go to my sister's, each of my kids is in charge of making one thing for dinner. Nelson is rolls. Jamie is mashed potatoes. Burke is jello. Dean is stuffing and turkey. I'm everything else.
  • During dinner we go around the table and say what we are thankful for.
  • And while Jim is doing the dishes after dinner I am the official judge of People Magazine's sexiest men. I take my job seriously. Sometimes they get them in the wrong order.
Can you guess which tradition I'm really looking forward to? I think it's gonna be a good year! Have a happy, safe Thanksgiving everyone!

7 comments:

just us said...

My T day tradition is you bringing over the Magazine so we can go through it together like you did last year. I'm SO happy I'm going to to be there for Thanksgiving.

Renae said...

Yay-Sexiest Men! They totally get them in the wrong order! Oh and Yay T-Day!!

xoxo

Stephanie Saunders said...

Mmm... Turkey and sexy men. Could it get any better?

Kara said...

Nothing sounds better than a great dinner & some yummy eye candy!

Linda said...

Why didn't we do the sexiest man thing when you came to my house? Can we do that in Utah?

Heather said...

You crack me up. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Donna and Carl said...

I bought the People issue to read on the plane! We saw the Australia movie last night. Hope you had a good thanksgiving. Love, Donna