I spent the last six months kind of worrying about Dean being in 1st grade and having all my kids gone all day long. That was dumb. Burke and Dean went back to school and it has been, well, fantastic! Look at Dean (below)...I told him to turn around for his first day of 1st grade picture and he was like, are you kidding me?...that is sooo kindergarten!
Of course he is loving school. He has a great teacher and a really nice 4th grade buddy to show him the ropes.
And added bonus...he comes home exhausted at the end of the day!
Burke likes 4th grade and is already working hard to beat his mileage record for last year. He ran over 100 miles around the track over the course of 3rd grade! That's gonna be tough to beat, but, knowing Burke, he'll probably do it!
Leaving them at school the first day was kind of tough, but coming home to all that peace and quiet was awesome! Jamie and I have had tons of fun burning through her birthday money. I don't love shopping, but it is amazing how much we can accomplish without the usual hide and seek through the department store with the boys.
Only one more week till Jamie and Nelson go back to school.The true great and dreadful day for me:)
3 comments:
Dang, 100 miles!! Thats awesome! GO BURKE! AND. . . I LOVE DEAN AND. . . thats a great picture of you and Jame. . .AND I miss you guys!
Thanks for the school news! I bought the 2nd "vampire book" to read on the Peru trip! Happy shopping. Love, Donna
Look at Dean, such a good boy on the sidewalk! hahaha
Post a Comment