Have you ever seen the billboard on the 99 for Moaning Caverns? Well, I've always wanted to check it out. So Jim's parents were here for a few days and that gave me the perfect reason for an adventure. It's kinda far to drive for the day, but it was pretty amazing. The cavern is like 150 deep, big enough to hold the statue of liberty! You walk down 4 or 5 claustophobic staircases until you get to the rickety rusty spiral stairs that take you to the bottom.
Dean was totally freaking out which helped me to not freak out cuz I'm a little afraid of falling to my death. But once we got down it was pretty cool to look around at all the stalactites. I thought one wall looked like globs of marshmallows.





8 comments:
Great pictures! Thanks for the adventures! Love, Donna
I'm with Dean-o. . .those places scare me. We went to one in Branson one year and I was scared to death. But then again I'm a BIG chicken. . .or maybe I've seen too many scary movies.
That looks AWESOME!! Next time we go visit...I wanna go there
I've seen that sign, always wanted to go. I looked fun, except for that staircase. When was that built, in the 20's?
Looks like you guys had fun! I am glad that you left a comment on my blog! It will be fun to see what you guys are up to.
Yeah WAY to scary for me!!
Did you see any Fraggles down there? How about Doosers??
I like the new layout! You guys are such a cute family! :)
Post a Comment