


Our next stop was the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick. They have the highest tides in the world there. The two pix below were taken somewhere in the middle of the tides, but you can still see the difference.This time lapse video is pretty cool. It shows the tides come in and go out in 30 seconds.
The tides create these rock formations along the coast. These are the Hopewell Rocks. The water goes out about a mile at low tide and then almost fills the whole under the arch at high tide. Pretty crazy.
Our final stop was Halifax, Nova Scotia. Something I never knew was that 330 bodies were recovered from the sea after the Titanic sank. 150 of those bodies are buried in Hailfax. It was amazing to see the same death date on so many tombstones. Here is the one that inspired the Jack Dawson character for the movie. The number 227 on the tombstone signifies that he was the 227th body recovered.
Needless to say, we counted the lifeboats on the first day!
So that's it! It was a fun vacation and I had a great time. But I'm not sure cruises are the way I like to travel. I like exploring places and experiencing the people, subways, culture, etc., more than making pit stops. Plus, now I gotta lose the 5 pounds I gained cuz all you do on the ship is eat, eat, eat! But it was worth it:)


1 comment:
Loved the pictures! The light houses are great. The comment place didn't show up at first so I couldn't write anything when I first saw the pictures. Love, Donna
Post a Comment