Saturday, July 5, 2008

Another year older

Thanks for all the great Birthday cards this year! I think they get funnier as I get older. And I'm all about laughing about it instead of crying! Today is an extra happy day for me because I beat my 10K time after all. I guess reverse training works for me! My final time was 58:23. I was so exited to go home and tell Jim and the kids about it and show off my medal (which all runners get, but still!). But my medal was nothing compared to the Mustard Yellow Belt on their minds. Every 4th I run and Jim and the kids watch the hot dog eating contest. In case you missed it, Joey Chestnut beat Takeru Kobayashi for the second year in a row! They both ate 59 hot dogs in 10 minutes , but Chestnut triumphed in overtime!I'm pretty sure his stomach hurts as much as my legs do!

5 comments:

j,d and little b said...

Happy Birthday Kathryn!! Congrats on the time!

Kara said...

I secretly knew that you could do it! :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! Awesome job on the race!

Renae said...

Hope you had a great Bday! I am adding your blog to my list so that I don't have to go to Mels to see it LOL Waiting for more toe designs heheheh. You see I am so jealous because a few months ago I had surgery on both my big toes... I know EWWWWWWWWWWW so the nails are still not normal looking yet UGH I live vicariously through your feet *winks*

Chelle Belle said...

You are Awesome! I hope that your birthday was a great one!