
Oatmeal Carmelitas
1 3/4 cups flour
1 3/4 cups quick oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup melter butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 (14 ounce) package wrapped caramels (unwrap them!)
1/2 cup light cream
Line 9x13 with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350. In large mixing bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and butter. Mix well and press half the mixture into pan. Bake 10 minutes. In heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream. Remove cookie layer from oven. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts. Drizzle melted caramel mixture evenly over chips/nuts. Sprinkle remaining cookie mixture over top. Bake 15 minutes. Cool, then refrigerate 1-2 hours before cutting. To cut into squares, remove the whole cookie from pan by lifting parchment paper, then use a big fatty knife!
10 comments:
You know I will be making these, not for someone else but for me! Sounds so yummy!
WHY. . .why did you have to post that. Now I will be tempted to make them. I told to never tell me the recipe. :o). OH. . .I read renaes comment. . .so she can just make them for me. Hee Heee! They only taste good to me when someone else makes them. LOL! Funny how that works.
I used to make these all the time until I was eating two pounds of caramel a week. They're SOOO good.
Thanks, I need some good treats to give to new families in the ward. I want them to think I am nice before they get to know me.
Now I can make these for Blake! He will be sooo happy. He thoroughly enjoyed them at the baptism! Thanks for the recipe!!!
Mmmm I have to try those ASAP!
You know these are my favorite- how dare you wave such a thing in front of a pregnant woman who cannot make them for herself. :) yummmmm!
MMMMM... Love these!
I still think they taste better with a little bit of Kathryn-lovin!
Kathryn,
It's me Joyce. Donna called today and told me you helped her put together her blog. She was so happy and told me she cried. It was really cute. She said no pressure to me on putting together a blog. So I had to get on to check her blog and so here I am checking yours and Jonna's and Alicia's. So I am just even more against them because your blog is sooooooo freaking cute. It is so sentimental and meaningful. The pics for Jamie and Nelson's b-day. That is just so cool.
i love it that Jonna reads Shopaholic and watches Bachelor. Bachelor this season was awesome. I haven't watched for a few seasons but this season was sooooo good. I cried like 5 times throughout the season about it and even had dreams about hottie Graham.
Happy b-day. I hope you had a great one. How do you know if someone put a comment on your blog? Does it email you so you know to check it?
I read about 5 pages of the Mayor of Boringbridge. I am 5 pages closer to Twilight.
Joyce
Post a Comment