Have you ever noticed that it says "A Happy Habit" on the door at See's candy? I think that is so funny! However, I'm not very happy about it today. I've always wanted to find a recipe so I can make Bordeaux at home instead of eating away my kids' college fund. Pros: save money, eat lots of yummy chocolate. Cons: make huge mess in kitchen, get even fatter. I never really found a good recipe, so that helped with the decision. But I caved in yesterday and tried to make them...twice! The first try was way off. The second try was closer, but still not even close. They sure look good and the kids like them, but they are NOT See's! I'll have to wait a long time to try for the third and fourth time!
So when it came around to making dinner I needed a tried and true recipe. Something I couldn't screw up. That would be salsa and messy chicken tacos. I got this salsa recipe years ago from my friend Karen. It is very easy and super yummy. Jamie threw the salsa together while I did the tacos. Perfect every time! Fabulous with a bag of chips, sitting in front of the tv!
Salsa1/2 medium red onion-cut into 4 chunks
lime juice-about 1/2 a lime
1 T diced green chilis (from a can)
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
handful cilantro
2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
Put all ingredients in blender. Pulse about 10 times till evenly chopped and mixed. Tweek to taste!
5 comments:
mmmm so yummy! See's (A Happy Habit), and Salsa and chicken tacos. I will have to give that salsa a try even though those damn Gonzalez's have a liking for the hottest serrano peppers in thge salsa. I have watched and learned and I can so do Gonzalez salsa hot, medium and mild!!! =)
Mmmm i have been CRAVING chips and salsa lately....the stuff from the can just aint doin it for me. I will have to try that..it looks delicious!
Being an official taste tester of the Loveridge Candy, it is pretty close, you're right though a little too sugary! Keep trying & I'll keep tasting!
Mmmmm SALSA!!! Thats what I'm talkin' about. Thats a family fave for sure. BUT no shocker there. . .I AM A "beaner"... well. . .half. Enough for people to tell me "no offense" when they tell mexican jokes. LOL!
Have you read the books or just Jamie? It took me awhile to get into them but once I did I was hooked. See you tonight!
Post a Comment