So when Dean walked in with zucchini the other day I admit I might have over-reacted. Where did you get that? What do you think you're doing bringing that into my house? Poor kid. Apparently one of our generous (evil) neighbors thought they would share the bounty of their garden. Thanks. So there was only one thing to do. Zucchini bread. The only redeeming zucchini by-product. 1 cup of oil and 2 cups of sugar would redeem just about anything! So if you are unexpectedly caught in possession of the nasty green squash here's what I consider the only option.
Yummy Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
3 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 325. Beat eggs till light and foamy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla and mix lightly, but well. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes (or till toothpick comes out clean).
7 comments:
yummm... can I come over? :)
Thats the only way I'll eat it!
I didn't know zucchini had any redeeming qualities...how about some carmelitos?
Ohhh I haven't had zucchini bread in forever. But one problem...... I refuse to buy zucchini so I will have to head over for a taste hehe
You are hilarious Kathryn! I may be weird but I like the stuff! Add it to a stirfry or just saute it with butter, salt and pepper! Yum!!! But I have to admit that the bread does top the list of great zucchini recipes!
Wow! I can smell it baking! Love, Donna
I have always wanted to try zucchini bread but I have always been too afraid it will taste just like the zucchini...if you say it's safe I trust you
Post a Comment