Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sickos

You know how things always happen in threes? Well I wish I could have planned for that instead of going back and forth to the doctor/vet (yep, vet) so many times this month. Jamie was earache #1. She looked like she got hit by a bus when I picked her up from girl's camp on the 4th of July. That's one trip to the E.R. (because everything else was closed for the holiday, of course). Poor Jamie...look how sad:( A week of antibiotics and back we went to the doc for different meds because the ear still hurt! She's all better now, though:)
Dean was earache #2. Too much swimming and he ends up with swimmer's ear. Actually, his BFF Kacee also got it, but I didn't have to pay for her, so I'm not gonna count that one. Ear drop antibiotics and no swimming for 5 days. Try living with a 6-year-old that can't swim in the middle of summer! Contrary to his expert opinion he did not actually die because he could not swim.And earache #3? Well that award goes to Sparky the guinea pig. Sparky hasn't been looking so good lately. So being the huge animal lover that I am, we took her to the vet today. $108 later (but who's counting?), she now has her own little bottle of antibiotics in the fridge and I am the most loved mom of the day. Too bad she doesn't count towards my deductible.

5 comments:

just us said...

That sucks that Sparky got sick on your week with him. :o) How is shared custody working out,BTW? You should get some pet insurance. LOL!

Kara said...

Maybe it's something in the water? You are the bestest pet owner I know!

Stephanie Saunders said...

You're so good! Of course I have no pets that I'm currently attached to, but as for me, the minute it starts costing money... well, let's just say that I would let nature take its course.

Renae said...

Oh how I wish we could include our pets on our insurance! I have seriously thought about pet insurance but have yet to actually do it! I think I secretly like paying vet bills!!

Donna and Carl said...

So glad that everyone has healthy ears now! Loved the story! Was it true? Love, Donna