Friday, September 26, 2008

Boston Highlights

A friend of mine planned this cruise with her sisters because none of their husbands wanted to go with them! So she just kinda opened the cruise up to a bunch of us girls and so we ditched our husbands, too! After leaving New York, our first stop was Boston. Here are my Top 5.

#1 on the list is definitely Officer Bob! I don't think I have to explain why!


#2 is Fenway Park. I couldn't go to Boston without going to Fenway. Plus, the Red Sox are Burke's favorite team so I had to get this pic for him. And a new hat. And a bat. And a penant.
This is the recurring theme of my trip.
#3 is Harvard. This is John Harvard's lucky shoe. They say that if you rub his shoe you will have good luck! So I had to do it!

And I had to have a pic with some real Harvard boys.#4 is the ivy everywhere. We were told that the term Ivy League is actually a sports reference, as in division iv (the Roman numeral). So a sportswritter nicknamed the schools the i-v league. I thought it was because they all have ivy growing on them. Guess there's a reason I couldn't get into Harvard. #5 is the Old North Church. This is the place where the famous "One if by land, and two if by sea" signal was given. What I liked about it, though, was the podium design. If the speaker is boring or talking too much, BAM, you could flatten them.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Bryce wants to know why the "real Harvard boy" on the right is wearing a Duke shirt!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Donna and Carl said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! Looks like a great trip. Didn't know that about the i-v league schools. With all of the ivy I have been trying to control on our backyard rocks I could probably apply to Harvard now! Love, Donna

Brandi Raye Turner said...

Go figure. I went to the "Ivy League of the South" but I didn't know that! See, you really do learn something new every day.